Friday, June 27, 2008

Daily Update

I got so caught up yesterday in trying to write for my monthly newsletter (which you can find at: http://www.suesunshine.com/RYLsubscriptionform.html) and to get a new format for it, that I forgot to blog. I guess I deserve a day off. At least that is what I am telling myself.

It seems that life pulls me in so many different directions. There is never a dull moment. When friends call me they ask what is new in Sue's Saga now. My life is not necessarily full of dramas. It is just full of life itself. Because I enjoy living, I get to experience all that life has to offer me.

My husband, John, and I want to move to Wyoming. We are seeing how we are held here by events in our life that we have no control over. I know that once the missing person that I am helping look for is found, we will be moving. However, I can't go find her because my car has been out of commission since the beginning of May. With the price of gas the way it is I don't feel I can ask anyone else to drive me. I know that the car has been made unavailable so that I can't look for her, close the case, and move to Wyoming. I know that! It gets frustrating just the same.

I talked to the police about it this morning. They said to give them a week to get back on their normal schedules and they will see what they can do about getting me transportation to look for the body. By that time I am hoping John has our car up and running. However, it isn't necessarily our car I am seeing in the scenario of finding the girl. Oh, well. I might be wrong on the details.

John is waiting on a lady to come and bring her family to our house today. She was born and raised in this house. She last saw the inside in 1958. Boy is she going to have a surprise! He did all the cleaning! The house really looks good. Maybe I will hire him out!

Sucha, one of the male cats that lives indoors, is still getting medicine for his runny nose. However, it doesn't seem to be helping. When John doses him, Sucha sleeps all day. Shadow, our indoor female cat, has found a place between the microwave and our counter-top electric oven. I don't like cats on the counters. However that is the only place she goes unless it is to sleep in the window wells. So I leave her alone. At least she knows enough to leave when the heat starts up!

Sammie, our female German Shepherd mix, is not feeling well. She is about 6 years old but acts as though she is 16. She is having trouble going to the bathroom both ways. John has been feeding her fish oil capsules for her bowls and she loves them. She wants to eat them like candy. He is also giving her cranberry juice which is suppose to be good for the urinary tract. Sammie won't drink it plain so John puts it in Cheerios, which she loves. It does seem to help. Please keep her in your prayers.

It's almost the end of June. Half the year has gone by. So far it has been a pretty good year. How has your's been?

©2008, L. Sue Durkin

No comments: